Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bunting Part One



I thought we'd have a mini break from cards - I do make other things, but cards are so easy, as sewing is far from therapeutic - all the pinning, ironing, turning, etc. So unfortunately I don't sew as often as I like and when I do sew, I forget to document it! This post is part one, as I'll be returning to cards for part two to show off some bunting cards - which are made using my new found sewing + card making skills!!

Anyway, my sister in law asked me to make bunting for our Nephew's room. I haven't made bunting for a while, so was quite excited by this little project.

Making bunting is really straightforward, but if you haven't done it before I would suggest using this tutorial, which is amazing!

I used most of the techniques shown in the tutorial - I especially love the continuous sewing of the triangles, makes life very easy.

I did do a few things differently:
  • I didn't iron all the triangles once they were turned right side round
  • I pinned the un-ironed triangles to the bias tape

  • I found it easier to sew the triangle to the tape, whilst pinned on, stopping to remove the pins - this means the bunting takes a bit longer, but I think this is easier than the 'free sewing' technique used in the tutorial
  • Finally I only ironed the bunting once I'd have finished sewing
Crisp ironed bunting 
Today's main pic, is the finished bunting, with Otis' name on it (I used iron on transfers for the letters). I love it so much, I don't want to part with it! I am hoping that Lucy will love it too.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx