Monday, August 19, 2013

Purr...


Hubby and I have a lovely guy that lives above us - Dr Kevin.

He got back from his holibobs last week and as I was still off, I popped upstairs and cooked brunch for us both.

To cut a long story short he had been on a trip to Maine and was writing out Thank You cards. I was sad because I really felt that the cards should have reflected the colours and the mood of where he had been.

So I used all of this as an excuse to purchase the new Beach Huts papers and Beach Cottage set by Pink Petticoat :) and make cards for Dr Kevin.

I decided I needed to focus whilst making these cards and whilst rummaging through Pinterest for inspiration, I spotted this Purr Tones palette on my colour board.


My main photo today is of one of the cards for Dr Kevin.

I struggled a bit when making these, as I felt that I needed an embellishment, but couldn't decide what it should be.

Fortunately my desk isn't as tidy as it should be, so I saw the die-cut bicycles cue a lightbulb moment.

The bicycles were already stamped and they fit my colour scheme perfectly. I added blue pearls to the wheels for a bit of stand-out.

Here is a close-up, as the Beach Hut paper is quite subtle.
Dr Kevin 'Thank You's' Close-up
Cx

3 comments:

  1. Claire, this is lovely. The colours are gorgeous.
    It certainly seems as though you're settling in well in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello there stranger! How are you? Thanks, glad you like it, I love these Purr Tones, I find myself using them more and more. I am indeed settling in well into my new NYC life. Cx

      Delete
  2. Great use of the chevron ribbon and bicycle die! This card rocks man, well don.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx