Friday, July 11, 2014

Inchies...

Hi,

Happy Friday.

This post is the last one from my 2 days of fun at my desk last weekend.

A while back I posted this beauty onto a Pinterest board of mine -

Inchies card from Ellen Hutson blog c.2011
It's actually quite an old make, but I love it and thought I'd dig through my scrap box and make a few variations of it.

I stuck with a colour theme for each card and the main photo today is 'brown'.

I decided as I don't have an inch square punch, that I would use my scalloped 11/4 inch punch. All the inchies are cut from scraps and all the embellishments on the squares were either already punched (butterflies from JT's punch) or laying around on my desk waiting to be used.. The happy sentiment was cut a while back with my Silhouette and has been languishing on my desk..

Here are the Pink and Green versions.

Green Inchies card
I decided to stamp the sentiment for the green card..not my best idea ever, but it kind of works! The heart is left over from the watercolour punch outs that I did using an 'oops'. The sentiment stamp is by SSS and from the July card kit, the enamel hearts are from My Minds Eye.

Pink Inchies card
The pink card is already earmarked for someone. The big blingy heart is from JT and once again uses one of the butterflies she punched for me.

All the patterned papers I used are by American Crafts and Recollections by Michaels, all plain papers are just from my stash.

This is so simple to do and putting a big die cut word really makes the cards pop.

Have a great weekend.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. What a great use of inchies. I need to remember to use that design. :-)
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fabulous Claire...you have made such wonderful use of the inches..all of the colours and designs are really eye-catching...now I had a really lovely surprise in the post today, my fab friend..thank you :) X Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx