Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Watercolours + Sentiment dies..


Hi,

I have been seeing lots of lovely cards around that use watercolours and sentiment dies. I have been playing with watercolours lately with varying results.

So I decided to invest a bit of time this weekend learning some 'how to watercolour' tricks.

I have learnt 3 key things -

1 - it's a good idea to wet your paper before you paint, it helps you put the paint on lighter and more evenly
2 - have multiple pots of water - keep at least one clean for wetting your paper
3 - don't be afraid to practice..if your 'image' comes out weird, use small punches to create little watercoloured items - the card below is an example of this.

Watercolour hearts
My main card is one of 3 using the SSS congrats sentiment die. I tried out 2 different watercoloured backgrounds and I think they look fab. Here are the other 2 cards.

Watercolour Pink Congrats
Watercolour Swirly Congrats
The next set was my attempt to blend colours - varying levels of success, but I am happy with the end results. The hello is also a die by SSS.

Watercolour multi hello

Watercolour multi tones hello
I used an angled watercolour brush, pearlescent paints by Artists Loft (from Michaels for $4.99), Strathmore mixed media paper and all the other papers are by Recollections at Michaels.

Inspiration, techniques and tips came from CMA Tam HesJennifer McGuire and Jen Rzasa and Pinterest! Big thanks to Tam and Jen's for making things less scary for me..

These cards are totally CAS. Hubby loved them, which is high praise indeed!!

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, love what you've done with the colours on this fab CAS cards...messing about with paint is fun isn't it? :) Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these! The big blocks of color and the squiggly ones are just so summery and fun. Love this technique, I think you nailed it. And the tip for the oops moments is genius.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx