Friday, December 5, 2014

Happy Birthday Daddy...


Hey,

Today is my Dad's birthday.

Happy Birthday Daddy!

I usually write a bit about the 'featured' person, but I've said quite a lot about my Dad previously, so this year I will keep it brief.

My Dad is the only person that sends me email just because - he sends me random news, tips, photos - all kinds of random things.

The emails totally remind me of him and our conversations and make me miss him and home.

Now on to my card :) I had lots of fun making my Dad's card - in fact I always do, I get to create something elaborate for a man - so rare!

I used a Silhouette cut file that made me smile. Now there was a little bit of a oops moment with this card. I didn't line up the black and the red papers correctly when cutting, so as you can see the guitar has a little black section...

At first I was peeved and was going to cut another guitar..then my lazy side woke up and suggested that I stick the 2 parts together and use it anyway.

I think it works...

I mounted both the sentiment and the guitar using teeny tiny foam pads (never again) and added little black gems for fun.

Have a happy Friday wherever you are and have a great weekend.

Cx




3 comments:

  1. WOW this is brill, Happy Birthday to your Dad, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Claire! Love it and your dad will too!!! Hugs Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man this is awesome! Such a great card for a great dad!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx