Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Retro Rubber #15 - Vintage Lace


Hey,

Time for another great challenge over at the Retro Rubber challenge blog.

May flowers was very popular, big thanks to everyone that played along, hope to see you join in with us again soon.

This time our theme is -

Vintage Lace - fun times.

I sometimes struggle with vintage cards, but this time my card was kind of gifted to me :)

Majority of the elements were on my desk (paper, lace, scrap papers, dies) - I just had to find the perfect stamp.

The stamp is a freebie that I have had for years (at least 4) and is part of a sewing set (dressform, sewing machine, etc)

I stamped the sentiment onto a stitched die cut oval and I cut a scalloped oval in a contrasting colour to mount behind it for a bit more of a vintage feel.

The lace was a gift from my Ma and is actually really beautiful up close.

I'm glad that I managed to get this right - there are things we all struggle with.

Your turn now, but first check out the fabulous creations over at Retro Rubber made by my teammates.

Remember to use a stamp over a year old and the challenge runs until June 5th.

Cx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, I too struggle with vintage-y cards, as well as the artistic/avant garde style, but you have done a great job here, this card is beautiful! Hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, I love this sweet card. It is even more special realizing the lace was a gift from your Mom. I especially like the small patterned designer paper... makes me think of old time-y wallpaper. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet vintage card! Don't you just love it when they come together easily like that? The papers are beautiful and the stamp is "sew" cute!! lol No signs of a struggle with this card at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me see eye to eye on vintage my friend! I love this card - that paper and lace is gorgeous with a capital G!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that greeting! Such a favorite, you may have inspired a CASE from me...! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card with wonderful lace! I love it when the scraps left on the table from project past go together such as yours. How fun.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx