Thursday, September 17, 2015

Aloha my friend..

Hey,

So I really wanted to play along with the MFT contest -


I love their stuff and thought it would be fun to have a play right now.. (I have been re-organising the craft room since my return from I Mexico).

I really wanted to make a fun birthday card for my friend Michelle - who happens to live in Hawaii..jealous much?

I recently bought the Pineapple background stamp by MFT - I am slightly obsessed with Pineapples this Summer..

I thought that would make a great base for my card and would tie in nicely with my new Avery Elle stay fresh dies, I didn't buy the stamps..sometimes I don't, sometimes all I need are the dies.

I wanted as much texture as possible, so used an embossed scrap (thank you JT for always giving me the basket weave embossed papers), a glittery scrap and heat embossed the sentiment onto a scrap of patterned paper. Here is a close-up so you can see all the delicious textures -



I really love the end result, it's fun, fresh and a bit unusual, just like my lovely friend Michelle.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx