Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Retro Rubber #35 Anything Goes....

Hey,

Welcome to another fabulous Retro Rubber challenge.

Today we have a fave challenge theme...Anything Goes...


I decided to make a shaker card, because I had the shaker pouch (filled with Lucy Abrams and SSS sequins), the aperture card and the card blank together on my desk..

I pulled out my Simon Says Stamp Sparkle & Shine stamp set (from 2014) and stamped two of the sentiments in bright colours and cut them out and affixed them to the card blank in the right positions (this took awhile..)

I decided the aperture piece was boring as it was, so added some purple ink to the newish Dots in Space stamp by Penny Black and touched the card to it, so I got uneven dot coverage, which is what I wanted.

Final touch was to heat emboss the sentiment onto vellum and attached this to the card using mini staples.

Sometimes the best cards are just sitting on your desk waiting to be made :)

Your turn to have a play and show us, but first go over to Retro Rubber and check out the fun things my teammates have made.

Remember to use stamps a year or older and tell us about them to be eligible for the challenge. 

The challenge ends on April 8th.

Cx 

7 comments:

  1. What a cool shaker card, love the sequin mix and those purple dots just lift the whole thing. Fabulous! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your shaker cards! The colors and blingy sequins really make it. Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love shaker cards, I'm not an expert but I've made a few and it's always fun to make them and to give them away.
    Love the colorful sequences, you put a lot of them and I love it.
    Great idea to put the sentiments inside, did you let them loose or are they glued? Just wondering.
    Thank you for sharing Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, Claire, about the card waiting on the desk to be put together and finished... this is so sweet. Love the dot background on the panel. A fun card to be used for several types of occasions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I likey! Ditto Katy's comments. Mainly because I have run out of witty things to say since I commented on a bunch of your other cards! I likey - ALOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very fun! Love the colors, the design, the shakers!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx