Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July..


Hey,

Happy Independence Day everyone!

I had a play in my journal in honour of today.

I am really enjoying this art journal thing..its weird and fun.

Today's spread was easy to make.

I started by stenciling the words onto the pages, that helped me figure out how to build out the rest of the flag.

As I applied the paint and the tissue paper for the stripes, I covered over the words slightly, but they were visible enough for me to position the cut-out letters / numbers.

The stars were punched out of a dictionary page, that I found in last weekends $1 bin bookstore rummage. These were actually very fiddly to apply to the page..I like to use a regular glue stick to stick things to the page (easy to remove if I change my mind) and then go over them with a Matte Medium Gel (I use Liquitex).

I'm really pleased with how it came out and it was fun, because I hadn't planned on tissue paper for the stripes, I was going to use white paint, but it was a bit flat and I realised I had all these strips of tissue paper that were exactly the right size for stripes!

Here is a close-up, so you can see the stars and the tissue paper -


The tissue paper was from my fave random bookstore chain in London and was a totally random buy that I seem to be using everywhere!

Have a great day..back to work tomorrow kittens - boo..

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th July Claire!!!
    Gosh you are so clever… this is awesome! Love how you've used the tissue paper for the stripes… adds real dimension… and the gold stencilling is just perfect! :-)
    Hope you're having a great day!
    Big hugs, Sue B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant. The close up shows just how beautiful it is. Hope you didn't get too many hangovers! Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx