Monday, February 20, 2017

CAS Mix-up: Corrugated Heart...


Hey,

Happy Monday.

My first day back at work!!

So I said that I would probably play along again with the February CAS Mix-up challenge


This is my second entry and I used the same old DCVW corrugated card in grey.

I die-cut a heart from the corrugated card and from a piece of velum. I matched them up, so the vellum piece is slightly higher and just peeks out.

The background splatter I stamped using a great Concord & 9th stamp (Lace Leaf).

I die-cut the Love You from a Simon Says Stamp die set and before I stapled them in place, I glued the letters together so they were slightly wonky.

I put the heart and the sentiment together before mounting it over the splatter. For a bit more stand-out I added black enamel accents dots.

Again a pretty CAS card and covers off the main two requirements, the your choice elements are die-cutting, splatter and vellum.

I am seriously considering playing again....I am loving working with the corrugated card.

Cx

6 comments:

  1. This is an awesome card Claire! LOVE that deep pink background. The splatters are the perfect backdrop for your corrugated and vellum layered hearts. And the die-cut sentiment is so adorable with the staples. Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's why I'm seeing corrugated card all over the place lately! I love it especially with the softness of the vellum behind it. And the wonky letters are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool sentiment created stapling those letters together - really works with the rough texture of the corrugated card. Big fan of your work lately! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, those stapled letters add so much interest to the corrugated heart.
    Fun sketch and use of those colours. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great entry, Claire! I love how you've offset the corrugated heart from the vellum and the little black dots are a great accompaniment! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're enjoying working with the corrugated cardboard. When Loll and Bonnie asked me to host one of the CAS Mix Up challenges, I wanted to use corrugated cardboard as the mandatory element but wasn't sure how many people would participate, so glad to hear you've made more than one card for it! Love this one - great background stamping, love the way the vellum heart just peeks out behind the corrugated one (great way to make offset the rustic look with a bit of a feminine look!), and fabulous bright sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx