Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge #57..Colour challenge..


Hey,

Time for another awesome challenge with the Retro Rubber team.

This time we have a colour challenge for you - use the photo for the colour inspiration..



I was inspired by the jars in the image, so I pulled out one of my all time fave stamps by Unity Stamp Co. (Array of Vases from 2015).

I coloured it used distress inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn and Mermaid Lagoon) and an aquabrush to match the colours in the photo.

I decided that it would work best in a die-cut circle and thought the stitched scalloped version by MFT worked really well, as the image is so detailed, I didn't want to detract from it too much.

Final touches were to add a sentiment, stamp is by Kaisercraft from 2014 and the die-cut wishes is by Winnie & Walter - I LOVE their word dies.

I am a bit in love with this card, the vases really pop..might need to make a few more.

Your turn to show us your makes and pop over to Retro Rubber and get inspired by the things my teammates have made..

Challenge ends March 10th. Don't forget to tell us the age of your stamp, that is part of the fun of our challenge and please only enter 10 challenges including Retro Rubber.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this stamp!! Your choice of colors paired with the subtle effect of watercolor was absolutely perfect. Keeping the card on the CAS side made the focal image pop. Great card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Claire - I love this card! The vases are perfect and the colouring wonderful! I also love W&W word dies and their sets of words - I just don't own many :-(. You've made great use of the 'wishes' and your scallop circle framing - well, it's delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Unity Stamps and this one is no exception, colored beautifully matching the challenge colors. CAS for me is a challenge in itself but you did wonderfully here, that die cut sentiment is the perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, this card is delightful! I hope you did go back and make several more. So much fun to share with a friend. Love the image and the coloring but am particularly fond of the die cuts... both the sentiment and the scalloped circle. Adding this lovely to kraft paper was brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue "wishes" is so stunning against your beautifully colored background! This card makes we want to go to my craft room and make something! Thank you!❤️

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx