Monday, February 6, 2017

The Paper Players: Unusual Valentine....



Hey,

Happy Monday to you.

I am slowly getting back to full strength. I should have been back at work today, but I had a complication that set me back a week or two..

Anyway, enough of that!

I am in the midst of making Valentine's cards. I only really need to make one, but I like to send them to my little posse..

I haven't played along with The Paper Players in a while and thought this would be a great opportunity as their theme this week fits what I am up to -


I love making slightly off the wall Valentine's Day cards and these are quite out there..because the fishes are so ugly and not very Valentinesy (totally a word), but they made me giggle and worked out well.

The stamps are by Avery Elle and I stamped, coloured them with Zigs and die-cut them. I die-cut the white panel using MFT wonky stitched dies and I then stenciled on the spots for a slight sea effect.

Once I had my fishes in place, I added some hearts and the sentiment - both by Simon Says Stamp.

Here is the other one that I made -


Every time I see them they make me smile, they are quite weird, but I think my friends will love them.

Cx


5 comments:

  1. They are weird but brilliant! Totally my kind of Valentines! Love the dots and hearts behind them. I have this set and I really need to actually open it and ink them up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such fun images! Cute for a Valentine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, this makes me smile! It is a fun Valentine! Great coloring, too! I sure hope you feel much better soon! Take care of yourself! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your funny little fishes had me laughing too...so ugly they're cute LOL! And I love the creative way you turned them into a valentines card...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these! And yes of course Valentinesy is a word ;) Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx