Saturday, January 20, 2018

Stash Play: 4 Coverplates...


Hey,

I made a promise to myself this year that I would try and curb my craft spending (gulp) and dig through my stash more and really utilise what I have!

So you'll be seeing more 'stash play' posts from me.

Today I'm showing you the fun things I made using coverplate dies. I really like coverplate dies, but I didn't have a lot of them before 2017 black friday because they are SO expensive. I got some good deals on new and used coverplates.

I thought it would be fun to create distress oxide smooshed backgrounds to use with the coverplates and then I also decided I would add metallic spots over the backgrounds using my fave Penny Black 'Dots in Space' stamp. I use this stamp at least 3 times a week!! I am surprised it hasn't fallen apart.

I created two different coloured backgrounds, I thought it would be fun to have a mix of colours. Here are the backgrounds completed with their heat embossed metallic spots -


I then die-cut everything using the 4 chosen coverplates (clockwise from top left) -
Papertry Ink Harlequin and Mama Elephant 'Friend'
MFT Chevrons and Neat & Tangled 'Awesome'
MFT Peek-a-boo Polka Dots and Simon Says Stamp 'Heck Yeah'
Hero Arts Star Confetti and Spellbinders 'Hooray'

So that the cards would be versatile, I added a one word die-cut. Meaning later on I can add more text to them if I want, for different occasions - for example 'friend' could be 'happy birthday friend' or 'so glad you are my friend'. Its a technique I use a lot.

I love the end result, they are so pretty! And as a happy bi-product I got a little stack of glittery joy for use in shakers.

Close-up of the heat-embossed spots and the remnant shaker bits..
I had so much fun making these cards and they are a bit different and I got lots of fun leftover bits and bobs for use on other things.

I also thought that as these cards are pretty amazing and the stamped element is integral, I would enter the Craft Stamper January 'Take it or Make it' challenge, which is anything goes.

Cx


3 comments:

  1. Shopping the stash like a good girl. I love it. I guess a cover plate is two toys in one - part die and part confetti maker. So that justifies the cost right? :) Love those big die cut sentiments, really works with the bold backgrounds. Big fan of the Awesome one in particular x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous, love the yummy inkyness. I'm supposed to just be using up my stash this year, but um, somehow a set of stamps purchased themselves the other day and a set of dies did the same thing this morning. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun cards! Always a good idea to try to use up your stash, which I am also trying to do :) Thanks for joining the Craft Stamper Challenge xo Cheetarah

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx